- Makes: 16 servings
Watermelon cubes, (if desired)
cups Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
cups freshly squeezed lime juice
cup superfine sugar or powdered sugar
cups seedless watermelon, chopped
- If desired, freeze cubes of watermelon on a waxed paper-lined tray for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Place salt on a small plate. Rub rims of eight glasses with one of the lime wedges. Dip rims of glasses in salt to coat; set aside.
- In a pitcher combine Triple Sec, tequila, lime juice, and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour 1/4 cup of tequila mixture into blender or food processor with chopped watermelon (working in batches if necessary). Cover and blend or process until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Combine watermelon juice with remaining tequila mixture. Stir. Chill until ready to serve.
- Place frozen watermelon cubes, if using, in salt-rimmed glasses. Pour tequila mixture over watermelon cubes. Garnish with remaining lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Watermelon Margarita)
- Per serving:
- 454 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 221 mg sodium,
- 60 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 29 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesDrink Recipes
Recipe CollectionsHealthy Smoothies