- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 16 ounce package hot roll mix
- 2/3 cup tub-style cream cheese spread with chive and onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pea pods
- 1/3 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 8 ounces cooked peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons white and/or black sesame seeds
1. Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions through the kneading step. Cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 16 portions; shape each portion into a ball. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together the cream cheese, pea pods, carrot, and wasabi powder; mix well. Fold in shrimp.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a 4 1/2-inch circle. Place about 2 tablespoons of the shrimp mixture on each circle of dough. Bring edges of the dough up around shrimp mixture and pinch to seal.
4. Place buns, seam sides down, on prepared baking sheet. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes. In a small bowl whisk together egg and the water; brush tops of buns. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Place buns in a decorative tin.
- Prepare and bake as directed. Return cooled buns to baking sheets. Freeze about 1 hour or until firm. Transfer to a freezer container or decorative tin. Cover; seal. Freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap frozen buns in foil. Bake about 30 minutes or until heated through.