Warm Salad with Lamb Chops and Mediterranean Dressing
- For dressing, in a medium bowl combine oil, vinegar, green onion, marjoram, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place lamb chops in a shallow dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the dressing over lamb. Turn chops to coat with dressing. Cover dish and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours. Cover and set aside the remaining dressing.
- Meanwhile, cut each head of the radicchio into six wedges, cutting through the core; brush lightly with some of the remaining dressing. Thread tomatoes onto four skewers.* Thread radicchio wedges onto additional skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill chops on rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat to desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling time. Allow 12 to 14 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) or 15 to 17 minutes for medium (160 degrees F). Add radicchio and tomatoes to grill. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until radicchio is slightly wilted and tomatoes are beginning to blister, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Divide greens among four dinner plates. Remove radicchio and tomatoes from skewers. Arrange lamb chops, radicchio, and tomatoes on greens. Drizzle with the remaining dressing; top with radishes.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in enough water to cover for 30 minutes; drain before using.
Nutrition Facts (Warm Salad with Lamb Chops and Mediterranean Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 264 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 15 g monounsatured fat),
- 28 mg chol.,
- 338 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet