Warm Pumpkin-Blueberry Bread
This sweet, buttery bread with a biscuitlike texture is delicately spiced. Use fresh blueberries, if possible, but if you only have frozen berries, stir them into the batter without thawing them.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Slow Cook: 2 hrs to 2 hrs 30 mins (high)
- Cool: 30 mins
- Coat a 4-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray. In a medium bowl stir together pumpkin, half-and-half, and brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the 2 cups flour, the baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/4 cup cold butter until pieces are pea-size. Add pumpkin mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until combined. In a small bowl combine blueberries and the 1 tablespoon flour; toss until berries are coated. Fold berries into flour mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared slow cooker. Pour maple syrup and the 2 tablespoons melted butter over mixture in slow cooker; sprinkle with pecans.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Carefully remove lid so condensation from lid does not drip onto bread. Cover opening of slow cooker completely with paper towels; place lid on top. Cool for 30 to 45 minutes. Serve bread warm from slow cooker.
To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until nuts are light brown, shaking pan once or twice.
- Per serving:
- 338 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 28 mg chol.,
- 308 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet