Warm Chicken Salad with Peppers and Pine Nuts
ounces ciabatta or crusty country bread, crust removed and torn or cut into 1-inch pieces
clove garlic, minced
cup olive oil
2 pound purchased roasted chicken
medium red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
medium yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
cup pine nuts
tablespoons olive oil
ounces arugula or mixed salad greens
cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
cup balsamic vinegar
cup olive oil
Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For croutons, in a medium bowl combine bread pieces and garlic. Drizzle with 1/4 cup oil; toss gently to coat. Transfer bread pieces to a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until bread is golden.
- Meanwhile, if chicken is no longer warm, heat according to package directions. Pull meat from bones; discard skin and bones. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Place chicken in an extra-large serving bowl; add croutons.
- In the same baking pan combine sweet peppers, olives, and pine nuts. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; toss gently to coat. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until sweet peppers are tender and nuts are toasted. Add pepper mixture to chicken mixture. Add arugula and basil, half at a time, to chicken mixture, tossing gently to combine.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar and 1/4 cup oil until combined. Pour dressing over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts(Warm Chicken Salad with Peppers and Pine Nuts)
- Per serving:
- 446 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 63 mg chol.,
- 792 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet