Waka Waka Salad
cup canola oil
cup red wine vinegar
teaspoons minced garlic
teaspoons minced fresh ginger
ramen noodle packages
Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
head Napa cabbage, sliced 1/8-inch thick (about 10 cups)
head red cabbage, sliced 1/8-inch thick (about 4 cups)
red onions, thinly sliced
tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
cup Spanish peanuts, finely chopped
wonton skins, fried*
- For dressing, in a bowl combine oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger, 1 tsp. ramen Oriental seasoning (1/2 packet), salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix cabbages, onions, carrots and cilantro. Whisk the dressing, then pour over salad. Toss thoroughly. (Dress the salad no more than 10 minutes before serving.)
- Top with ramen noodles, broken in small pieces, and peanuts. Serve immediately with wonton skins. Makes 18 cups (about 36 half-cup servings.).
- * To fry wonton skins, in a large saucepan heat 2 inches of oil to 350 degrees F. Fry, a few skins at a time, for 1 minute or until crisp and lightly browned; drain.
From the Test Kitchen
* To fry wonton skins:
In a large saucepan heat 2 inches of oil to 350 degrees F. Fry, a few skins at a time, about 1 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Drain on paper toweling.
Nutrition Facts(Waka Waka Salad)
- Per serving:
- 132 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 75 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet