- For crust, in a medium bowl stir together cookie crumbs, the 1/2 cup ground almonds, the 2 tablespoons sugar, and the butter until combined. Press mixture into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For filling, in a very large mixing bowl beat almond paste, the 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons amaretto, and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add cream cheese. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and egg yolks just until combined. Pour into crust-lined pan. Place filled springform pan in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake about 55 minutes or until a 2 1/2-inch area around outside edges appears set when gently shaken. Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together sour cream, the 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon amaretto, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread evenly over hot cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes more.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a sharp small knife, loosen the crust from the sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes more. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Sprinkle with the 1/3 cup ground almonds before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Very-Almond Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 540 kcal cal.,
- 41 g fat
- (19 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 166 mg chol.,
- 298 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 23 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet