- Bring 1-inch of water in medium saucepan to a boil over medium high heat. Cut a slice off the long side of the potatoes so they do not roll. Place potatoes, cut side down, in steamer basket and place in pan.
- Cover and steam for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Carefully, with tongs, remove potatoes and add snap peas to basket to steam for 5-10 minutes. Remove peas and cut tips off to make hamster's "ears.'' Remove eight peas from pea pods.
- Using chopsticks or small knife, poke two holes into the top of the potato. Insert snap pea pieces into top of the potato for the pet's ears.
- Use chopsticks or a small knife to make three holes on front of potato and insert peas for "eyes'' and corn kernel for "nose.'' Use a toothpick to poke a few holes around the nose and insert rosemary leaves for "whiskers." Brush pets with Country Crock® Spread and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
If your family loves potatoes, try Country Crock Creamy Mashed Potatoes. Go to www.CountryCrock.com for the recipe.
Nutrition Facts (Veggie Pets)
- Per serving:
- 190 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 230 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet