- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices (about 2 cups)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups crusty sourdough bread cubes (1/2-inch cubes) (about 8 ounces)
- 1 4 1/2 ounce package Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 eggs, beaten, or 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 2/3 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan cook zucchini, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or just until tender. Drain zucchini. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, coat six 8- to 10-ounce individual casseroles or ramekins with cooking spray. In a large bowl toss together bread cubes, cheese cubes, and zucchini. Divide equally among prepared casseroles.
3. In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, green onions, the 2 tablespoons dill, the salt, and pepper. Pour evenly over mixture in casseroles. Using the back of a large spoon, press bread and cheese pieces down to moisten. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 4 to 24 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap; cover casseroles with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 259,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 163,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 27,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 3,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 16,
- vit. A (RE) 134,
- vit. C (mg) 5,
- sodium (mg) 561,
- Potassium (mg) 351,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet