Zucchini-Brie Breakfast Casseroles
Nonstick cooking spray
cups crusty sourdough bread cubes (1/2-inch cubes) (about 8 ounces)
4 1/2 ounce package Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
eggs, beaten, or 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
cup evaporated fat-free milk
cup sliced green onions
tablespoons snipped fresh dill
teaspoon ground black pepper
Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- In a medium saucepan cook zucchini, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or just until tender. Drain zucchini. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, coat six 8- to 10-ounce individual casseroles or ramekins with cooking spray. In a large bowl toss together bread cubes, cheese cubes, and zucchini. Divide equally among prepared casseroles.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, green onions, the 2 tablespoons dill, the salt, and pepper. Pour evenly over mixture in casseroles. Using the back of a large spoon, press bread and cheese pieces down to moisten. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap; cover casseroles with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
Nutrition Facts(Zucchini-Brie Breakfast Casseroles)
- Per serving:
- 259 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 163 mg chol.,
- 561 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet