Zucchini Boats with Bacon Gremolata
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out centers to form 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick shells; set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Brush insides of zucchini shells with lemon mixture. Place shells, cut sides down, on a lightly greased grilling tray.
- For a charcoal grill, grill zucchini on grilling tray on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 to 7 minutes or until cut sides start to brown. Turn zucchini; grill for 1 minute more. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place zucchini on grilling tray on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.) Using hot pads, remove tray from grill.
- Spoon Bacon Gremolata into zucchini shells, mounding slightly and pressing down lightly. Return to grill. Cover and grill for 2 to 4 minutes more or until zucchini is crisp-tender and cheese starts to melt.
- In a small bowl stir together bacon, cheese, basil, pepperoncini, lemon peel, garlic, and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Zucchini Boats with Bacon Gremolata)
- Per serving:
- 168 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 731 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet