- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Slow Cook: 1 hr 30 mins on HIGH; 3 hours on LOW
Winter Garden Polenta
cup oil-packed dried tomatoes
cups boiling water
cups coarse cornmeal or polenta
teaspoon crushed red pepper
ounce sliced fresh mushrooms
cups packaged fresh baby spinach
Crumbled Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1 tablespoon oil. Snip tomatoes.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine tomatoes, the boiling water, cornmeal, the 1/2 cup Parmesan, the salt, basil, and crushed red pepper; stir well to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours or on LOW for 3 hours, until cornmeal is tender.
- About 15 minutes before serving, in a large skillet heat reserved oil from tomatoes. Cook and stir mushrooms in hot oil for 5 minutes until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir just until wilted. Season to taste with salt.
- Stir polenta, then spoon into bowls;. Top with spinach and mushroom mixture and crumbled Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts (Winter Garden Polenta)
- Per serving:
- 293 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 7 mg chol.,
- 859 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet