Wild Mushroom-Herb Bread Pudding
- Grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet cook mushrooms, shallots, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Carefully add sherry. Simmer until liquid is almost all evaporated. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in focaccia.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, half-and-half, cheese, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over focaccia mixture, pressing with a wooden spoon to moisten all of the bread. Spoon into prepared dish. Cover; chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Quarter portobello mushrooms before slicing.
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, continue as directed.
To tote this casserole, prepare and bake as directed. Remove from oven; cover tightly with foil. Place casserole in an insulated casserole carrier with heating packs. Tote to destination; serve within 2 hours. Or tote tightly covered unbaked casserole in a cooler with cold packs to destination; bake as directed after arriving.
Nutrition Facts (Wild Mushroom-Herb Bread Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 289 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 146 mg chol. ,
- 366 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 13 g pro.