Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding
- Grease eight 10-ounce individual casseroles; set aside. In a large skillet, cook mushrooms, shallots, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Carefully add sherry. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid is nearly evaporated. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in focaccia pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, cheese, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over focaccia mixture, pressing with a wooden spoon to moisten all of the bread.
- Divide mixture among the prepared casseroles. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 289 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 146 mg chol.,
- 366 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Valerie 682 Days Ago
I made this for thanksgiving one year and it was everyone's favorite dish. Now, someone requests it at ever holiday gathering I attend.