Vegetarian Fried Rice
- In a small bowl combine eggs and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Set aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium heat. Stir-fry chopped onion and garlic in hot oil about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add egg mixture and stir gently to scramble. When set, remove egg mixture from the wok. Cut up any large pieces of egg mixture. Let wok cool.
- Pour 1 tablespoon cooking oil into the cooled wok or skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry celery in hot oil for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and sweet pepper; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add cooked rice, bamboo shoots, carrots, and peas. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons soy sauce. Cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until heated through. Add cooked egg mixture and green onions; cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through. Serve immediately. Garnish with carrot slices, if desired. Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Vegetarian Fried Rice)
- Per serving:
- 438 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 266 mg chol.,
- 1177 mg sodium,
- 61 g carb.,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet