- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup shredded daikon (Oriental white radish) or radishes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 fresh jalapeno or serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup bite-size cucumber strips
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup warm water
- 6 8 1/2 inches rice papers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Boston or curly leaf lettuce
1. In a small bowl combine daikon, green onions, vinegar, jalapeno pepper, sugar, and sesame oil. In another small bowl combine shredded carrot, cucumber strips, cilantro, and soy sauce. Cover both mixtures; refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours, stirring once. Drain both mixtures.
2. Pour the warm water into a pie plate. Carefully dip rice papers into water, one at a time. Place papers, not touching, on clean dry kitchen towels. Let soften for a few minutes until pliable.
3. Place 1/4 cup shredded lettuce on each rice paper near one edge. Place about 1 rounded tablespoon of each vegetable mixture on the lettuce. Fold in the ends. Beginning at that edge, tightly roll the rice paper. Place, seam side down, on a plate. Cover with a damp towel. Repeat with the remaining fillings and papers. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
4. To serve, cut each roll in half crosswise on a diagonal to make 12 pieces. Makes 12 appetizer servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 31,
- carb. (g) 7,
- vit. A (IU) 680,
- vit. C (mg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 48,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Vegetables () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet