Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
medium sweet potatoes (10 ounces each)
cup cranberry relish
cup dried cranberries or raisins, snipped or chopped
cup walnut pieces, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Scrub sweet potatoes and pierce all over with fork. Place on oven rack. Bake for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop pulp from each potato half, leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch shell. Place pulp in medium bowl. Set aside shells.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash potato pulp until smooth. Stir in relish, cranberries, butter, and salt. Spoon potato mixture into each potato shell. Place, filled sides up, in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Makes 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To serve right away:
Chilling step may be omitted. Bake filled potatoes uncovered for 25 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts(Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes)
- Per serving:
- 158 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 6 mg chol.,
- 174 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet