The Best Homemade French Fries
Peanut oil for deep-fat frying
Sea salt or kosher salt or salt
- Peel the potatoes , if desired, and cut lengthwise into 1/4- to 3/8-inch sticks. Soak in ice water if not ready to fry.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat peanut oil according to manufacturers directions to 365 degree F, or heat oil in a 3-quart or larger saucepan to 365 degree F (saucepan should be no more than half full).
- Drain the potatoes well. Pat potatoes thoroughly dry on paper toweling. Fry the potatoes, about one-third at a time, until potatoes are tender in the center and edges are just beginning to color and blister, about 7 to 9 minutes. Remove with a frying basket and drain on paper toweling.
- To serve, sprinkle lightly with salt. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(The Best Homemade French Fries)
- Per serving:
- 220 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 408 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet