- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 pound fresh or frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pound asparagus spears, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red sweet pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. Place shrimp in medium bowl. For marinade, combine lime juice, soy sauce, jalapeno pepper, ginger, and garlic. Pour over shrimp; toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain shrimp well, reserving marinade.
2. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. (Add more oil if necessary during cooking.) Stir-fry shrimp in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from wok; cover and keep warm. Add asparagus and pepper strips to wok; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add reserved marinade to wok and bring just to boiling. Stir in cooked rice and peanuts.
3. To serve, transfer rice mixture to individual bowls or dinner plates. Spoon shrimp on top. Makes 4 servings.
- Prepare shrimp as above. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain well, reserving marinade. Cook and serve as above.
- Because chili peppers, such as jalapenos, contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chili peppers, put plastic bags over your hands or wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chili peppers, wash your hands well with soap and warm water.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 331,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 131,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 41,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 11,
- vit. A (RE) 206,
- vit. C (mg) 48,
- sodium (mg) 571,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet