Tasty Potato Latkes
medium potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds
tablespoons olive oil
eggs, slightly beaten
cloves garlic (optional)
tablespoons cooking oil
Non-dairy sour cream
- Peel and finely shred potatoes. In a mixing bowl combine potatoes with olive oil, eggs, garlic (if desired), and salt. Using 1/3 cup mixture for each latke, press mixture into patties about the size of the palm of your hand, squeezing out excess liquid.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Carefully slide patties into hot oil.
- Cook over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until latkes are golden brown, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Add additional cooking oil during cooking, as needed.
- If necessary, reduce heat to medium to prevent overbrowning. Drain on paper towels and keep warm. Serve with non-dairy sour cream, if desired. Makes about 10 latkes. (Nutrition information is given per latke plus 1 teaspoon non-dairy sour cream.)
Nutrition Facts(Tasty Potato Latkes)
- Per serving:
- 113 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 46 mg chol.,
- 167 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet