Tasty Potato Latkes
- Peel and finely shred potatoes. In a mixing bowl combine potatoes with olive oil, eggs, garlic (if desired), and salt. Using 1/3 cup mixture for each latke, press mixture into patties about the size of the palm of your hand, squeezing out excess liquid.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Carefully slide patties into hot oil.
- Cook over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until latkes are golden brown, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Add additional cooking oil during cooking, as needed.
- If necessary, reduce heat to medium to prevent overbrowning. Drain on paper towels and keep warm. Serve with non-dairy sour cream, if desired. Makes about 10 latkes. (Nutrition information is given per latke plus 1 teaspoon non-dairy sour cream.)
Nutrition Facts (Tasty Potato Latkes)
- Per serving:
- 113 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 46 mg chol.,
- 167 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Anonymous 1287 Days Ago
This recipe makes very tasty latkes, do not add olive oil to the potato mixture, use oil only for cooking the pancakes. Also these pancakes taste best with russet potatoes. I tried to rate the recipe 5 STARS but the page said I had already rated it. No I didn't.