- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 1/2 cups cut fresh corn kernels or one 16-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 5 ounce can evaporated milk (1-1/3 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded process Swiss or Gruyere cheese (4 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups; set aside. In a covered medium saucepan, cook fresh corn and onion in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 6 minutes. (Or cook frozen corn and onion according to package directions for corn.) Drain well.
2. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs with a fork. Stir in drained corn and onion, evaporated milk, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese. Pour into prepared ramekins. Place filled ramekins in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
3. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over corn mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 247,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 104,
- sat. fat (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 26,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 13,
- sodium (mg) 437,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet