Upload your photo here.
Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and prick with a fork. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt. Place potatoes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Roast, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until soft. Cool until easy to handle.
- Halve potatoes; scoop out flesh and discard skin. Press through a fine mesh sieve. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and whipping cream; cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer. Fold into the sweet potatoes along with the maple syrup, nutmeg and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake chilled casserole, covered, for 55 minutes, stirring once. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Uncover and sprinkle marshmallows on potatoes. Bake, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Serve immediately. Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings plus leftovers
From the Test Kitchen
To serve right away:
Chilling step may be omitted. Proceed through step 3. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Sprinkle marshmallow on potatoes. Bake, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Pecans)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 670 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet