Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Blue Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 15x10x1-inch baking pan combine sweet potatoes and onion pieces. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss gently to combine. Spread mixture in a single layer. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet melt butter over medium heat. Stir in pecan pieces, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until pecans are coated in the brown sugar mixture. Remove from heat; spread on foil and let stand to cool completely.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, honey, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slowly whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until combined. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese.
- To serve, transfer potatoes and onions to serving plate. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining blue cheese. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Blue Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 241 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 7 mg chol.,
- 487 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet