- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
Sweet Potato Hash
large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 1 pound)
tablespoon vegetable oil
11 ounce can Southwestern-style corn with black beans and peppers, rinsed and drained
cup dairy sour cream
tablespoons chipotle salsa
medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
Chili powder (optional)
- Place sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe dish; cover and cook on 100 percent power (high) for 5 to 8 minutes or just until tender enough to chop. Cool slightly; cut into chunks. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook until browned and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add drained corn to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, stir together sour cream and chipotle salsa.
- To serve, divide sweet potato mixture among four plates. Top with avocado slices and serve with chipotle sour cream sauce. If desired, top with fresh cilantro and chili powder.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potato Hash)
- Per serving:
- 246 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 463 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet