Sweet Potato Fries
These sweet potato fries are a lower-fat alternative to traditional fries. Try them as a side dish for hamburgers or grilled chicken or pork sandwiches.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 20 mins to 30 mins 400°F
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick strips. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until golden brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
For extra flavor, try sprinkling with 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1 teaspoon chili powder before baking and bake as directed.
- Per serving:
- 115 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 145 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet