Sweet Potato Casserole
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Cut off woody portions and ends. Cut into quarters. In a large saucepan, cook potatoes, covered, in enough boiling salted water to cover for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Mash lightly. Stir in sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Transfer sweet potato mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, flour, and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potato Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 421 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 97 mg chol.,
- 160 mg sodium,
- 61 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
How To Video
Emma C. White 305 Days Ago
Sounds yummy!! Similar to mine that I've baked for over 40 years.I always add Bourbon (to my taste) to mine, put mixture in orangecups and sprinkle with coconut and let coconut brown.
Rhonda Bailey 964 Days Ago
Bake the sweet potatoes. Do not add the 1/2 cup sugar to the mashed sweet potatoes. They are sweet enough. But do add the brown sugar to the pecan topping. So yummy!
NightSky 998 Days Ago
I used 5 large sweet potatoes, omitted the Flour, used 6 Tbs butter, used 1/4 Cup canned PET Evaporated milk instead of regular mile, & was generous with the measured sugar & Brown sugar