- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 ounces asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 2 carrots, peeled, diagonally sliced 1-1/2 inches thick
- Olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1/3 red onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red, green, and/or yellow sweet pepper, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Asian chili paste with garlic
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons snipped mint
1. Bring a small amount of water to boiling in a large saucepan; add asparagus and carrots. Return to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes. Drain well. Set aside. Lightly coat a grilling tray or vegetable grilling basket with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
2. Brush all vegetables with the 2 tablespoons olive oil and place on the prepared grilling tray or in prepared vegetable grilling basket.
3. Grill vegetables in an uncovered grill directly over medium heat until tender, turning occasionally with long-handled tongs. Monitor grilling carefully so vegetables don't char; a few grill marks are fine. Allow 2 to 3 minutes for tomatoes, 3 to 5 minutes for asparagus and carrots, 5 to 6 minutes for zucchini, 8 minutes for eggplant, and 8 to 10 minutes for onion and sweet pepper. Remove vegetables from grill as done. (Vegetables can be chilled at this point; cover and chill up to 3 days.)
4. Coarsely chop all vegetables except tomatoes. Combine chopped vegetables and tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet, tossing well to mix. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 12 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
5. Meanwhile, bring broth and chili paste to boiling in a medium saucepan. Stir in couscous and turmeric; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
6. Fluff couscous with fork. Place on a serving platter, and top with vegetable mixture. Garnish with mint. Makes 4 to 6 main-dish servings.
- 6 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 321,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 53,
- fiber (g) 13,
- pro. (g) 11,
- vit. A (RE) 711,
- vit. C (mg) 44,
- sodium (mg) 514,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet