Spicy Grilled Vegetable Couscous
- Bring a small amount of water to boiling in a large saucepan; add asparagus and carrots. Return to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes. Drain well. Set aside. Lightly coat a grilling tray or vegetable grilling basket with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Brush all vegetables with the 2 tablespoons olive oil and place on the prepared grilling tray or in prepared vegetable grilling basket.
- Grill vegetables in an uncovered grill directly over medium heat until tender, turning occasionally with long-handled tongs. Monitor grilling carefully so vegetables don't char; a few grill marks are fine. Allow 2 to 3 minutes for tomatoes, 3 to 5 minutes for asparagus and carrots, 5 to 6 minutes for zucchini, 8 minutes for eggplant, and 8 to 10 minutes for onion and sweet pepper. Remove vegetables from grill as done. (Vegetables can be chilled at this point; cover and chill up to 3 days.)
- Coarsely chop all vegetables except tomatoes. Combine chopped vegetables and tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet, tossing well to mix. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 12 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring broth and chili paste to boiling in a medium saucepan. Stir in couscous and turmeric; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff couscous with fork. Place on a serving platter, and top with vegetable mixture. Garnish with mint. Makes 4 to 6 main-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
6 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Grilled Vegetable Couscous)
- Per serving:
- 321 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 514 mg sodium ,
- 53 g carb. ,
- 13 g fiber ,
- 11 g pro.