Spiced Pumpkin Butter
- In 5-quart Dutch oven combine all ingredients except nuts. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring frequently, 25 minutes or until thick. (If mixture spatters, reduce heat to medium-low). Remove from heat; cool.
- Ladle into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Cover; store in refrigerator up to 1 week or freezer up to 6 months.
- To serve, top with chopped nuts.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut pumpkins into 5x5-inch pieces. Remove and discard seeds and strings. Arrange pieces in a single layer, skin sides up, in a foil-lined baling pan. Cover with foil. Bake about 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, scoop pulp from rind. Place pulp in food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Measure 1 cup puree to use in risotto. Transfer remaining puree to an airtight container. Store for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw frozen puree in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts (Spiced Pumpkin Butter)
- Per serving:
- 35 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 17 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet