- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup fresh whole grain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- 2 whole headscauliflower, trimmed and cleaned
- Coarsely chopped fresh herbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the honey, mustard, butter, bread crumbs and 3 tablespoons herbs in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Use a long slim pairing knife to pierce the heart of each cauliflower stem. Place each head, stem side down, in a deep baking dish large enough to hold both heads. Add about 1/4-inch of hot water to the dish. Cover with foil. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until the water begins to steam. Remove foil. Carefully our off water. Return cauliflower to oven. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Bake for 5 minutes to dry the heads. Remove from oven and coat well with the bread crumb mixture. Return to oven. Roast 12 to 15 minutes or until the cauliflower heads are well browned. To serve, top with additional chopped fresh herbs. Makes 8 servings.
- Look for small heads of cauliflower (1 to 1-1/2 lb.). If the heads available in your local supermarket are larger, halve them through the stem end.