Upload your photo here.
Spaghetti Squash with Chili
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Halve the spaghetti squash lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes. Place squash halves, cut sides down, on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Using a fork, shred and separate the spaghetti squash into strands.
- In a medium saucepan, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and green chiles, corn, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, and dried oregano. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Serve meat sauce with spaghetti squash. If desired, sprinkle with fresh oregano.
From the Test Kitchen
Microwave Directions for Squash:
Place one squash half, cut side down, in a microwave-safe baking dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender; remove and keep warm. Repeat with second half. Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Spaghetti Squash with Chili)
- Per serving:
- 326 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 43 mg chol.,
- 395 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet