- Makes: 8 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
Smashed Peas with Ricotta Toasts
16 ounce package frozen sweet peas
12 ounce package frozen sweet soybeans (edamame) shelled
tablespoon olive oil
cloves garlic, sliced
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon kosher salt
cup snipped fresh mint
1 pound baguette, sliced and toasted
cup ricotta cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- In large pot cook peas and soybeans in a small amount of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to food processor and puree.
- In small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir into pureed peas along with lemon juice, pepper, salt, and mint.
- Meanwhile, for ricotta toasts, spread toasted baguette slices with the ricotta cheese. Arrange on baking sheet and broil about 4 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until ricotta is warm. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To serve, drizzle peas with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with additional black pepper. Serve with smashed peas. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Smashed Peas with Ricotta Toasts)
- Per serving:
- 274 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 16 mg chol.,
- 458 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet