Smashed Peas with Ricotta Toasts
- In large pot cook peas and soybeans in a small amount of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to food processor and puree.
- In small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir into pureed peas along with lemon juice, pepper, salt, and mint.
- Meanwhile, for ricotta toasts, spread toasted baguette slices with the ricotta cheese. Arrange on baking sheet and broil about 4 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until ricotta is warm. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To serve, drizzle peas with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with additional black pepper. Serve with smashed peas. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Smashed Peas with Ricotta Toasts)
- Per serving:
- 274 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 16 mg chol.,
- 458 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet