This ratatouille recipe is equally terrific whether you peel the eggplant or not. An ideal main dish for the vegetarian diet.
0 did it
- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 4 hrs to 5 hrs (low) or 2 to 2-1/2 hours (high)
- Broil: 30 seconds
- In a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker, combine eggplant, squash, chopped tomato, tomato sauce, sweet pepper, onion, salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Place bread slices, oiled sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat about 15 seconds or until toasted (watch carefully to avoid burning). Sprinkle bread slices with 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese. Broil about 15 seconds more or until cheese is melted.
- Stir basil into mixture in cooker. Serve in shallow bowls with Parmesan toast. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Slow-Cooker Ratatouille)
- Per serving:
- 248 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 5 mg chol.,
- 739 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet