Skillet Vegetables on Cheese Toast
slices rustic wheat bread
8 ounce package peeled fresh whole baby carrots, halved lengthwise
8 ounce package button mushrooms, halved
cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
tablespoons olive oil
ounces soft goat cheese (chevre)
Fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat broiler. Place bread on baking sheet; set aside.
- In large skillet cook carrots, mushrooms, garlic, and onion in hot olive oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes, until vegetables just begin to brown. Add 2 tablespoons water; cover and cook over medium heat 5 minute, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, for cheese toast, lightly toast bread 3 inches from boiler heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Spread goat cheese on one side of each slice. Broil 3 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese is softened.
- On plates, top cheese toast with vegetables. Drizzle with additional olive oil; sprinkle with fresh basil. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Skillet Vegetables on Cheese Toast)
- Per serving:
- 461 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 596 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet