Saucy Broccoli and Jicama
- Wash and cut up broccoli, jicama, and carrots. Place in a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- In a large skillet cook and stir shallots and garlic in margarine or butter until shallots are tender but not brown. Stir in broccoli, jicama, carrots, rosemary, water, and salt; bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, heat salsa in a small pan. Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Spoon salsa over vegetables. Makes 12 servings.
- Up to 1 day ahead, wash and cut up vegetables. Place in a plastic bag and chill up to 24 hours. Prepare vegetables as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Saucy Broccoli and Jicama)
- Per serving:
- 42 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 102 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet