Saucy Broccoli and Jicama
cups broccoli florets
cup jicama, cut into julienne strips
cup thinly sliced carrots
clove garlic, minced
tablespoon margarine or butter
teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
cups bottled salsa
- Wash and cut up broccoli, jicama, and carrots. Place in a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- In a large skillet cook and stir shallots and garlic in margarine or butter until shallots are tender but not brown. Stir in broccoli, jicama, carrots, rosemary, water, and salt; bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, heat salsa in a small pan. Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Spoon salsa over vegetables. Makes 12 servings.
- Up to 1 day ahead, wash and cut up vegetables. Place in a plastic bag and chill up to 24 hours. Prepare vegetables as directed.
Nutrition Facts(Saucy Broccoli and Jicama)
- Per serving:
- 42 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 102 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet