- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 ounces tiny new potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion or onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red, green, or yellow sweet pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed or 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese (1 ounce)
- Cracked black pepper
1. In a covered medium nonstick skillet cook potatoes and onion in a small amount of boiling water for 7 minutes. Add sweet pepper. Cook, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. Drain vegetables in a colander. Cool and dry the skillet. Lightly coat the skillet with cooking spray. Return vegetables to the skillet.
2. In a small bowl combine egg product or eggs, rosemary, and salt. Pour over vegetables in the skillet; do not stir. Cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting egg mixture until it is nearly set (top will be moist).
3. Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until top is set and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper to serve. Makes 2 servings.