Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Vinegar
ounces fresh green beans, ends trimmed
small onion, cut into thin wedges
clove garlic, minced
tablespoon olive oil
medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
cup balsamic vinegar
- In a shallow roasting pan combine beans, onion, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss mixture until beans are evenly coated. Spread into a single layer.
- Roast in a 450 degree F oven for 8 minutes. Stir in squash and roast for 5 to 7 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Boil gently about 5 minutes or until reduced by half (vinegar will thicken slightly).
- Drizzle the vinegar over roasted vegetables; toss until vegetables are evenly coated. Makes 4 to 6 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Vinegar)
- Per serving:
- 81 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 45 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet