- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed, or other vegetables, (see below)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs or 2 tsp. dried herbs, crushed (optional)
- 2 centimeters extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat a heavy shallow baking pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss asparagus with herbs, oil, salt, and pepper.
3. In the hot baking pan spread asparagus in a single layer. Return to oven. Roast, uncovered, until spears are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 10 to 12 minutes, depending on spear thickness, stirring once during roasting.
4. Remove baking pan from oven. With tongs, transfer asparagus to a serving platter. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Use dried Italian seasoning or a combination of dried herbs, such as thyme, oregano, or rosemary.
- All roasting times are at 450 degrees F. For vegetables roasted longer than 15 minutes, stir occasionally until they are tender.
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut in 1-inch pieces --35 to 40 minutes
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and pre-cooked in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drained --8 to 10 minutes
- 1-1/2 lb. sweet potatoes, thinly sliced --16 to 18 minutes
- 1-1/2 lb. fingerling potatoes, or new potatoes cut in half lengthwise -- 25 to 30 minutes
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 107,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 5,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 4,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 6,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 5,
- vit. A (IU) 680,
- vit. C (mg) 4,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 1,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 40,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 243,
- Potassium (mg) 190,
- calcium (mg) 111,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet