- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 24 asparagus spears (1 to 1-1/4 pounds), trimmed to 6-inch lengths
- 24 thin slices provolone cheese (12 to 14 ounces)
- 12 very thin slices prosciutto (8 to 10 ounces), halved lengthwise
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Place a steamer basket in a large skillet. Add enough water to come just below bottom of basket. Bring to boiling. Place asparagus in basket. Reduce heat to medium-low. Steam, covered, for 4 minutes. Remove asparagus from basket; immerse in ice water to cool quickly. Drain asparagus; pat dry with paper towels.
2. Wrap a slice of cheese and a half-slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear. Arrange wrapped asparagus on a serving plate. If desired, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
3. Before serving, sprinkle with cracked pepper. Drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 268,
- Fat, total (g) 20,
- chol. (mg) 29,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 4,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 4,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 19,
- sodium (mg) 876,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet