Potato, Zucchini, and Carrot Pancakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat two small baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Drain zucchini in a colander; press to squeeze out excess liquid. In large bowl combine zucchini, potatoes, carrot, flour, 1 of the eggs, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- In extra-large nonstick skillet heat half of the oil over medium heat. To make a pancake, spoon about 1 cup of potato mixture into skillet; evenly press and round edges with back of spatula to form a pancake. Cook two pancakes at a time, 4 to 5 minutes each side or until golden brown, turning once. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining oil and potato mixture.
- With the back of a wooden spoon or a 1/4-cup measure gently press each pancake, slightly off-center, to make a 3-inch-diameter depression, deep enough to hold an egg. Pour one egg in each nest. Place pancakes with eggs in oven, being careful not to tilt baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Transfer pancakes to serving plates. Serve with Spring Greens. Sprinkle with crushed peppercorns. Makes 4 servings.
- In large bowl combine watercress and carrot. For dressing, in bowl combine vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Toss with watercress and carrot strips.
Nutrition Facts (Potato, Zucchini, and Carrot Pancakes)
- Per serving:
- 362 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 264 mg chol.,
- 599 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet