Portobello Pasta Bowls
- Using a teaspoon, gently scrape gills out of the bottom of the mushroom caps. Lightly rinse mushroom caps. Pat dry with paper towels. Cut tomatoes in half; remove seeds and stem.
- Brush top and underside of the mushrooms and all sides of tomatoes with the 3 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle the mushrooms and tomatoes lightly with salt and pepper.
- For a charcoal grill, grill mushroom caps and tomato halves, cut sides up, on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place mushroom caps and tomato halves on the grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Remove from grill.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pot.
- For dressing, coarsely chop the grilled tomatoes. In a blender or food processor combine the tomatoes, the 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, the 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Drizzle pasta with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Keep warm.
- To serve, place mushroom caps on serving plates. Divide pasta among mushrooms. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with additional snipped fresh herbs. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Portobello Pasta Bowls)
- Per serving:
- 284 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 324 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet