Portobello Curry with Green Rice
- In medium saucepan combine rice, 2 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in blender or food processor combine 1/2 cup of the coconut milk, the cilantro, 1 teaspoon of the ginger, 1 garlic clove, and the lime juice. Cover; blend or process until nearly smooth. Stir into rice. Cover; keep warm.
- In 12-inch skillet cook mushrooms in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes; turn occasionally. Add green onions, curry powder, red pepper, and remaining ginger and garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and remaining coconut milk. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, divide rice among plates. Top with mushroom mixture and sprinkle with nuts. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Portobello Curry with Green Rice)
- Per serving:
- 438 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 465 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet