Portobello Curry with Green Rice
cup basmati rice
cup unsweetened coconut milk
cup snipped fresh cilantro
teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoon lime juice
pound portobello mushrooms, cut in 1/2-inch slices
tablespoons canola oil
cup sliced green onion
teaspoons Madras (spicy) curry powder or curry powder
teaspoon crushed red pepper
cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
tablespoons coarsely chopped cashews or peanuts
- In medium saucepan combine rice, 2 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in blender or food processor combine 1/2 cup of the coconut milk, the cilantro, 1 teaspoon of the ginger, 1 garlic clove, and the lime juice. Cover; blend or process until nearly smooth. Stir into rice. Cover; keep warm.
- In 12-inch skillet cook mushrooms in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes; turn occasionally. Add green onions, curry powder, red pepper, and remaining ginger and garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and remaining coconut milk. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, divide rice among plates. Top with mushroom mixture and sprinkle with nuts. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Portobello Curry with Green Rice)
- Per serving:
- 438 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 465 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet