- Makes: 4 servings
Pesto Shrimp Pizza
teaspoons active dry yeast
cup warm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
teaspoons olive oil
tablespoons yellow cornmeal
ounces cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, or 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
tablespoons refrigerated reduced-fat basil pesto or regular basil pesto
cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine yeast and the warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in honey and olive oil. In a medium bowl, combine whole wheat flour, cornmeal, and salt. Stir in yeast mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the all-purpose flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining all-purpose flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 4 minutes total). Shape dough in a ball. Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (30 to 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease an extra large baking sheet or two small baking sheets; set aside. Punch dough down; divide dough in half. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough half into a 10- to 12-inch oval. Transfer to prepared baking sheet(s). Prick dough oval with a fork. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the pesto to coat. Spread the remaining 4 tablespoons pesto over baked crusts. Top with shrimp; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes more or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts (Pesto Shrimp Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 338 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 126 mg chol.,
- 585 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Fish and Seafood Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fish and Seafood Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Italian Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Party Appetizers, Party Recipes, Pizza Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Salad Dressing Recipes, Shellfish Recipes