Pesto Shrimp Pizza
teaspoons active dry yeast
cup warm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
teaspoons olive oil
tablespoons yellow cornmeal
ounces cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, or 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
tablespoons refrigerated reduced-fat basil pesto or regular basil pesto
cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine yeast and the warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in honey and olive oil. In a medium bowl, combine whole wheat flour, cornmeal, and salt. Stir in yeast mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the all-purpose flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining all-purpose flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 4 minutes total). Shape dough in a ball. Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (30 to 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease an extra large baking sheet or two small baking sheets; set aside. Punch dough down; divide dough in half. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough half into a 10- to 12-inch oval. Transfer to prepared baking sheet(s). Prick dough oval with a fork. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the pesto to coat. Spread the remaining 4 tablespoons pesto over baked crusts. Top with shrimp; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes more or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts(Pesto Shrimp Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 338 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 126 mg chol.,
- 585 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet