- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, or 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 6 tablespoons refrigerated reduced-fat basil pesto or regular basil pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
1. In a small bowl, combine yeast and the warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in honey and olive oil. In a medium bowl, combine whole wheat flour, cornmeal, and salt. Stir in yeast mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the all-purpose flour as you can.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining all-purpose flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 4 minutes total). Shape dough in a ball. Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (30 to 45 minutes).
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease an extra large baking sheet or two small baking sheets; set aside. Punch dough down; divide dough in half. Let rest for 10 minutes.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough half into a 10- to 12-inch oval. Transfer to prepared baking sheet(s). Prick dough oval with a fork. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the pesto to coat. Spread the remaining 4 tablespoons pesto over baked crusts. Top with shrimp; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes more or until bubbly.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 338,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 126,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 35,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 22,
- sodium (mg) 585,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet