Peppers and Zucchini
tablespoon hoisin sauce
tablespoon soy sauce
tablespoon dry sherry
tablespoon cooking oil
teaspoon grated fresh ginger
clove garlic, minced
medium zucchini, bias-sliced 1/4 inch thick (2-1/2 cups)
medium onion, cut into thin wedges
ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered (3 cups)
medium red, yellow, and/or green sweet peppers, cut into thin strips (2 cups)
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry ginger and garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add zucchini and onion; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove zucchini mixture from the wok.
- Add mushrooms and sweet pepper strips to the hot wok; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return zucchini mixture to the wok. Push vegetables from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Serve immediately. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Peppers and Zucchini)
- Per serving:
- 61 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- 348 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet