Overnight Garden Dills
- In a large saucepan cook green beans, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Add carrots; continue cooking, covered, for 2 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- In the same saucepan combine vinegar, water, chili peppers, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper. Heat just to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in dillweed.
- Add cucumber spears to green beans and carrots in bowl. Pour hot vinegar mixture over vegetables in bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Transfer vegetables and vinegar mixture to a plastic bag set in a deep bowl. Close bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or up to 3 days, turning the bag occasionally. Makes 8 to 10 side-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Hot peppers contain oils that can burn your eyes, lips, and skin. Wear plastic gloves while preparing peppers and be sure to thoroughly wash your hands and nails in hot, soapy water afterward.
Nutrition Facts (Overnight Garden Dills)
- Per serving:
- 28 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 153 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet