Stuff this savory stuffing in your holiday turkey or serve it alongside chicken or beef any time of the year.
- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 35 mins 325/375 degree F
cup margarine or butter
cups sliced fresh shiitake and/or button mushrooms
cup sliced green onions
teaspoons soy sauce
teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix (about 8 ounces)
cups coarsely shredded carrots (6 medium)
- In a large skillet melt the margarine or butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Cook about 5 minutes or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Add green onions during the last 1 minute of cooking. Remove from heat. Stir in soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine herb-seasoned stuffing mix, carrots, and mushroom mixture. Drizzle with enough of the 1 to 1-1/4 cups water to moisten.
- Use to stuff one 11- to 12-pound turkey. Or, place in a 3-quart casserole. Bake, covered, in a 325 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until heated through or in a 375 degree F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until heated through. (Internal temperature should register 165 degree F with an instant-read thermometer.) Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Mushroom Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 192 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 541 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet