Mushroom, Asparagus, and Tofu Quiches
12 1/4 ounce package light firm silken-style tofu (fresh bean curd)
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs
ounces cheddar-flavored soy cheese, finely shredded (3/4 cup)
tablespoons snipped fresh basil
teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoons olive oil
cups sliced fresh assorted mushrooms (such as cremini, stemmed shiitake, morel, and/or button)
ounces fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch-long pieces
cup finely chopped shallots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a blender or food processor, combine tofu and eggs. Cover and blend or process just until combined. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in soy cheese, 1 tablespoon of the basil, the pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, asparagus, and shallots. Cook and stir for 5 to 8 minutes or just until tender; cool slightly. Stir vegetable mixture into tofu mixture, stirring until well mixed.
- Divide mixture among six 6-ounce ramekins or au gratin dishes. Place filled ramekins in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until set and edges are bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon basil. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts(Mushroom, Asparagus, and Tofu Quiches)
- Per serving:
- 108 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 319 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet