- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 9 medium potatoes (3 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup water
1. Wash, peel, and quarter potatoes. Cook, covered, in a large saucepan in a small amount of boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain potatoes and mash with a potato masher or with an electric mixer on low speed. Add butter-flavored sprinkles and salt. Heat the 1/3 cup fat-free milk. Gradually beat enough of the hot milk into the potatoes to make them light and fluffy.
3. For gravy, stir together flour, bouillon granules, and pepper in a small saucepan. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and water until mixture is smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve over hot mashed potatoes. Makes 8 side-dish servings.
- Up to 24 hours ahead, peel potatoes, cover with water, and refrigerate. Drain before using.