- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 large red and/or yellow sweet peppers
- 2 medium zucchini, halved crosswise and sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 medium eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 12 inch round purchased focaccia
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese (chevre)
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
1. For the Balsamic-Vinaigrette, combine balsamic vinegar or wine vinegar, water, olive oil, and oregano, in a small bowl.
2. Cut sweet peppers in quarters. Remove stems, membranes, and seeds. Arrange all vegetables on grill rack directly over medium-hot coals; brush with Balsamic-Vinaigrette. Grill, uncovered, until slightly charred, turning occasionally (allow 8 to 10 minutes for peppers and eggplant, and 5 to 6 minutes for zucchini). Cut peppers into strips.
3. Cut focaccia in half crosswise. Split halves into two layers horizontally to form four pieces total. Combine goat cheese and cream cheese, and spread over bottom layers of focaccia; top with some of the sweet pepper, zucchini, and eggplant; place top halves of focaccia over vegetables. To serve, cut each focaccia half into four wedges. Makes 8 main-dish servings.
- Make it a meal with dilled potato salad and spumoni ice cream.
- If you like, use 1/3 cup purchased, bottled Italian dressing instead of preparing the Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 201,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 4,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 32,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 8,
- vit. A (IU) 2235,
- vit. C (mg) 63,
- sodium (mg) 68,
- calcium (mg) 91,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet