- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 slices bacon
- 3/4 pound Italian green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (2-1/4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large skillet cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, turning occasionally. Remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
2. Meanwhile, precook green beans in a small amount of boiling salted water for 4 minutes; drain.
3. Add the partially cooked green beans, carrots, margarine or butter, and garlic to reserved bacon drippings in skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Crumble bacon; stir bacon and pepper into vegetable mixture. Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Makes 4 to 5 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 166,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 11,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 11,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 160,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet