- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 fresh ears yellow and/or white sweet corn (with husks)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 36 sprigs or leaves of cilantro or basil
- 100-percent cotton kitchen string
- Lime or lemon juice (optional)
1. Carefully peel back corn husks, but do not remove. Remove and discard the silks. Gently rinse corn. Pat dry. Spread softened butter or margarine evenly over each ear of corn. Space 6 herb sprigs or leaves evenly around cob, gently pressing herbs into butter. Carefully fold husks back around tops of cobs. Tie husk tops with kitchen string.
2. Grill corn on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium coals for 25 to 30 minutes, until kernels are tender, turning and rearranging with long-handled tongs three times. Or, grill corn indirectly on the rack of a covered grill, arranging coals around the edge of the grill. Place corn on the rack above the center of the grill, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, until kernels are tender, turning and rearranging three times.
3. To serve, remove the string from corn. Peel back husks. If desired, squeeze lime juice over cilantro corn or lemon juice over basil corn. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 185,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 33,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 17,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (RE) 144,
- vit. C (mg) 5,
- sodium (mg) 137,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet