- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, coarsely shredded
- 6 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 large yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
1. In a small saucepan melt the 1 tablespoon margarine or butter. Add the shredded sweet pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
2. In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine the 6 tablespoons softened margarine or butter and the pine nuts. Cover; blend or process until almost smooth. Add cooked sweet pepper, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper, Cover; blend or process until almost smooth. Set aside.
3. In a covered saucepan cook beans in a small amount of boiling water for 12 minutes. Add the sweet pepper strips the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain the beans and sweet pepper strips.
4. To serve, transfer beans and sweet pepper strips to a serving bowl. Add the blended margarine mixture; toss to coat. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 159,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 27,
- sat. fat (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 11,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 3,
- sodium (mg) 71,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet