Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter
tablespoon butter or margarine
medium yellow sweet pepper, coarsely shredded
cup pine nuts
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon black pepper
pounds green beans, trimmed
large yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- In a small saucepan melt the 1 tablespoon margarine or butter. Add the shredded sweet pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine the 6 tablespoons softened margarine or butter and the pine nuts. Cover; blend or process until almost smooth. Add cooked sweet pepper, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper, Cover; blend or process until almost smooth. Set aside.
- In a covered saucepan cook beans in a small amount of boiling water for 12 minutes. Add the sweet pepper strips the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain the beans and sweet pepper strips.
- To serve, transfer beans and sweet pepper strips to a serving bowl. Add the blended margarine mixture; toss to coat. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter)
- Per serving:
- 159 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 71 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet