Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter
- In a small saucepan melt the 1 tablespoon margarine or butter. Add the shredded sweet pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine the 6 tablespoons softened margarine or butter and the pine nuts. Cover; blend or process until almost smooth. Add cooked sweet pepper, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper, Cover; blend or process until almost smooth. Set aside.
- In a covered saucepan cook beans in a small amount of boiling water for 12 minutes. Add the sweet pepper strips the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain the beans and sweet pepper strips.
- To serve, transfer beans and sweet pepper strips to a serving bowl. Add the blended margarine mixture; toss to coat. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter)
- Per serving:
- 159 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 71 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet